Just today i had all my configurations for my wifi card which is
Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01) wiped of after a Hardy upgrade. So below i fixed it. But i used it also for the first time when installing Hardy fresh.
1. Open you terminal
2. Get this version of madwifi:
3. Untar the downloaded package:
tar xvf madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz
4. Get inside the unpacked directory:
5. If you haven’t compiled anything from source before on your linux then you propably need the build essential package:
sudo apt-get update && sudo aptitude install build-essential
6. Now you can build your madwifi and install the modules:
sudo make install
sudo modprobe ath_pci
sudo modprobe wlan_scan_sta
The last 2 commands can cause some complications on some systems. If they do check your System >> Administration >> Restricted Drivers Manager and disable atheros here. Then try again.
7. Now restart your computer and you should be able to see any aviable networks in your Network Manager.